When you fit our folding doors you instantly make your garden or patio an integral part of your home.
With our special high quality hardware system, a unique sliding function is possible, enabling the door sashes to slide to one side almost like an accordion, and thus occupying a minimum amount of space while ensuring open views. Sashes and sash divisions are made to your specifications where possible.
Folding Patio Doors
Folding doors are ideal for locations where there is a need for large openable areas: the opened door leaves are fixed on the side(s) of the product. This way, the opening is completely clear.
The product is based on same profile system as Nordic inward opening wooden window (therefore it does not have conventional threshold). In addition to traditional sideways slide opening it tilts at the top for ventilation. ROTO hinges system enables to manufacture up to 130 kg openable sash.
Folding door is available both as wooden and aluminium clad door. Traditionaldouble glazing (Ug = 1,1 W/m2K) or energy efficient triple glazing (Ug = 0,6 W/m2K) can be used.
Technical properties of folding door:
- Thermal transmittance
- With double glazing: Uw = 1,29 W/m2K;
- With triple glazing: Uw = 0,97 W/m2K;
- Thermal window: Uw = 0,87 W/m2K;
- Sound insulation:
- With double glazing: Rw (C; Ctr) = 33db (-1; -4);
- With triple glazing: Rw (C; Ctr) = 35db (-1; -5);
- Cross sections: frame 78 x 78 mm; sash 78 x 78 mm; transom/mullion 105 x 78 mm; glazing bar 63 x 78 mm or 85 x 78 mm;
- Line wood with quality class A1–A3;
- Wooden profiles treated with water based preservative;
- Glazing unit: double glazing 26 mm (Ug = 1,1 W/m2K) or triple glazing 40 mm (Ug = 0,6 W/m2K);
- Hardware: ROTO;
- Frame dimensions: WxH max. 4,3 x 2,5 m;
- Multilight windows with transoms and mullions;
- Weight of the opening sash up to 130 kg.
click the image to see other open frame options