NORDIC sliding sash window design, ensures that windows have good weather performance even in stormy days. Upon opening the window the sashes are separated, thus avoiding wear on the weather strip . On closing the window the sashes are being pressed against the weather strip, making the window shut very tight.
Windows are fitted with Torso balance springs and with lockers/handles on bottom sash. Both sashes have tilting possibility for easy cleaning of the sash.
Thermal transmittance Uw = 1,4 W/m2K.
The advantages of the sliding sash wooden window:
- Contemporary appearance and sleek design;
- Excellent storm proof detailing;
- Excellent thermal performance;
- Durability and ease of use;
- Made to measure every time.
The window can be combined with mullions, fixed light and fixed sash. Ogee mouldings are applied to the inside of the sash profiles. As decoration the top frame can be fitted with decorative horns on the outside.
The long life of wood is guaranteed by the use of slow grown Nordic Pine and the Teknos treatment system. Double glazed sealed units are used to maximize energy saving and noise reduction. Anti solar glass is available as an option.
Technical properties of sliding sash window:
- Thermal transmittance: 1,4 W/m2K;
- Sound insulation: Rw(C; Ctr) = 33db (-1; -4);
- Cross sections: frame: 51×136 mm; sash: 61×61 mm; transom: 51x136mm
- Pine wood with quality class A1–A3;
- Wooden profiles treated with water based preservative;
- Glazing unit: double glazing 26 mm (Ug = 1,1 W/m2K);
- Hardware: Torso pre-tensionedbalances, Fix espagnolettes, Hoppe and Titon handles;
- Maximum permitted mass for the sliding sash: 40 kg.